On Sunday 26 January 2003 03:29, SoloCDM wrote:
> Is it possible to use dd to burn a CD without using cdrecord?

nope.

> Does an iso need to be made first when using dd?

What do you mean? I'm not sure of what are you
trying to do. If you want to do cd-to-cd copy, you
just insert the original CD in the tray, do a

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/path/to/file.iso

And, as you see, dd will create the iso for you. Then
you can burn that using cdrecord. It's a two-stage
process.

> What would the
> dd syntax be to go from the directory to the CD or from the iso to
> the CD, whichever is the most appropriate?

I'm sorry, i don't understand the question. If you are trying
to send an ISO file or a directory into de CD-RW, that's cdrecord's
job, not dd's.

Damian