On Sunday 26 January 2003 03:11, SoloCDM wrote:
> Recently I used "mkisofs -J -o nsdownload.iso <directory>" with
> kernel 2.2.20 and mkisofs 1.13 on Mandrake 8.0, only mkisofs seemed
> to glob all the files by the results from the output.  If globing
> can be avoided, then how?  If I don't need a record of the files
> on the CD from the ISO creation, how can I stop mkisofs from adding
> the record of files?

Umm.. what's "glob the files"?

If you want to test an ISO file before you burn it, you can mount
it so you can navigate it and see how mkisofs worked out...

mount -t iso9660 -o loop nsdownload.iso /mnt/disk

and then navigate to /mnt/disk and see for yourself if the
result is as expected.

If you find the files truncated, then you might need to pass better
switches to mkisofs, like -R, -l .. like:

mkisofs -JR -l file.iso dir/

if you find a directory called rr_moved, then that means
your directory structure is too deep for ISO9660 standards
and files that were in directory level 8 or lower were moved into
rr_moved. You will need to flatten the tree a bit.

HTH

Damian