Dennis Myers wrote:

On Thursday 30 January 2003 08:44 pm, Jason Greenwood wrote:

AFAIK, install a program called imwheel and run it via the cli (imwheel)
to start the program. That should start the wheel working.

Cheers

Jason

Dennis Myers wrote:

Having been to the archives and checking my /etc files for the proper
configuration on the mouse, I am still unable to use the wheel as a wheel
or third button. Has anyone an idea of what makes the little bugger work?
TIA for any suggestions.

Nope, still nothing, guess Charlies' suggestion will have to be considered. I don't even have the third button function with the wheel let alone scrolling. Bummer! Thanks for the suggestions any others?

You don't need imwheel (see responses to my posts on an optical mouse). I have a Microsoft Intellimouse on one box and it works OK. My /etc/sysconfig/mouse file reads as follows:

MOUSETYPE=ps/2
XMOUSETYPE=ExplorerPS/2
FULLNAME="PS/2|Microsoft Explorer"
XEMU3=no
WHEEL=yes
device=psaux

You could compare this with what you have.
XMOUSETYPE=ExplorerPS/2
FULLNAME="PS/2|Microsoft Explorer"
XEMU3=no
WHEEL=yes
device=psaux

You could compare this with what you have. The XEMU3 and, of course, WHEEL lines are important.

Sir Robin

"A Perl script is "correct" if it gets the job done before your boss fires you."
- Larry Wall

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi