FemmeFatale wrote:
On Fri, 2003-01-31 at 15:11, John Richard Smith wrote:

It confused me for a long time.

ln -s <destination  file>  < source file >    <enter>

John

--
John Richard Smith

Its still confusing me! This is what I tried & the error msgs:

[root@Heather bin]# ln -s usr/games/fortune usr/bin
ln: creating symbolic link `usr/bin' to `usr/games/fortune': No such
file or directory
[root@Heather bin]# ln -s usr/games/fortune /usr/bin/.signature.sxw ln: `/usr/bin/.signature.sxw': File exists
[root@Heather bin]# ln -s /usr/games/fortune /usr/bin/.signature.sxw ln: `/usr/bin/.signature.sxw': File exists
[root@Heather bin]# ln -s /usr/games/fortune/.signature.sxw
/usr/bin/.signature.sxw ln: `/usr/bin/.signature.sxw': File exists

Heres the contents of both the "fortune" & /usr/bin Directories:

<skipped irrelvant stuff>

In the /usr/bin dir -

[root@Heather bin]# ls -a .signature.sxw .signature.sxw*

From /usr/games dir -
/usr/games/fortune

help?

Should I just give up till I'm off the demerol <G>

Femmey
Two shots in the dark. 1. Try copying the file rather than linking it. Maybe this app just doesn't like simlinks. 2. Try losing the dot at the begining of the file. Neither of these should make any difference, but you never know.

Sir Robin

--
" Like these cutters, and hackers, who will take the wall of men, and picke quarrells."
- G. Pettie

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi