Hi all,

on one of my boxes.. I had an rpm problem that could not be fixed
with --rebuilddb

I had to do --initdb then --rebuilddb to get it functional again..

unfortunately it has forgotten most of my installed packages and as such,
MandrakeUpdate never offeres any updates and I can't make sure my packages
are up to date..

Is there any way to have rpm look for installed packages and list them??

Do I have to do a upgrade /install over the current version to get it
functional again? this is a web/mysql server, so it needs to be up to date..

Its running a digital cert and everything, so I don't want to start from
scratch if I can avoid it.. but by the same token I can't allow it to fall
behind on patches.. if it gets hacked.. I will not get the opportuntity to
instal more linux boxs at work.

any ideas guys???

rgds

Frank