Hello,
 I'm trying to set up mgetty to work as a answer machine and fax
machine.  I have the following hardware.

Hayes accura external v.90 fax/voice modem
This modem also has integrated voice mail
linux mandrake 9.0 with mgetty install
able to see modem and configure the number of rings to answer via webmin
i have downloaded TkVoice to see if i can get the program to work.

problem i'm having when the phone rings it keep ringing the modem will
not answer till the phone hangs then the modem will answer.

2nd  problem.  I do not have a greeting message and would like to use
just a default recording till i can record a message.

--
William R. Nash, CCEMT-Paramedic, NREMT-Paramedic
488 Thornbrooke Drive