On Thursday 06 February 2003 09:48 am, William R. Nash wrote:
> Hello,
>  I'm trying to set up mgetty to work as a answer machine and fax
> machine.  I have the following hardware.
>
> Hayes accura external v.90 fax/voice modem
> This modem also has integrated voice mail
> linux mandrake 9.0 with mgetty install
> able to see modem and configure the number of rings to answer via webmin
> i have downloaded TkVoice to see if i can get the program to work.
>
> problem i'm having when the phone rings it keep ringing the modem will
> not answer till the phone hangs then the modem will answer.
>
> 2nd  problem.  I do not have a greeting message and would like to use
> just a default recording till i can record a message.
first off, I know nothing about getting mgetty to work with an external voice
medem, in fact, I never have had an external voice modem, I have had a few
internal voice moodems tho... but...
I think the modem init strings (hayes command set) might not be set correctly
for the modem to answer on so many rings, what are you doing to setup mgetty
and I guess "man mgetty" could be your friend?