On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 22:33:44 -0600
"Robert Wideman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Why would the hearders be older than the kernel, unless they
> are using the same header files to compile the kernel?

If you want a full disclosure answer you can find it in the
newbie/expert archive.

The short answer is that for some time now the kernel-header pkg has
been provided by glibc.
The version # for  kernel-header pkg is dependent upon the kernel
version used For the glibc build.
Now the only time it is necessary to update the kernel--header pkg is
for an update version of glibc.

    Charles

--
As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport.
                -- Shakespeare, "King Lear"