On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 18:39:34 -0600
Dennis Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 05 February 2003 02:24 pm, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > Hello list.
> >
> > I just went to the Mandrake-Secure website. They offer an
> > UPDATE to the kernel to fix various issues. That's
> > strange, because I've always been told to INSTALL any new
> > kernel.
> >
> > Opinions ?
> >
> > Kaj Haulrich.
SNIP

OK I've been following this thread with interest, checking my /etc/urpmi/skip.list and
/etc/urpmi/inst.list, reading advice by the replies on this thread.  I went to
MandrakeUpdate and all that showed was the kernel-source.  So am I correct in assuming
I need to compile it or could it be that the mirror that I am using does not have the
actual kernel rpm?

TIA
Jerry

--