On Tuesday 11 February 2003 07:46 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:
> I have Samba running, and I can actually get a
> user/password prompt when I attempt to map the share
> from my Win2K box.  When I enter my credentials, I get
> nowhwere...
>
> Any suggestions?
> PM

PM, are your username/password the same on both boxes ?
They should be.

Otherwise, I'm afraid I'll have to pass you on to others on
the list. I can only help with Samba as far as installing
something (I never use Samba 'cause I don't have to - you
see, I never had any M$ experience. I'm an old-timer
coming directly from CP/M over OS/2 to Linux).

Another tip : Go to the mail archives and do a search on
any subject, i.e. *samba*. There's a wealth of information
there. Problably you'll find your problems solved many
times :-) . Point your browser to :

http://www.mail-archive.com/newbie@linux-mandrake.com/

Good luck

Kaj Haulrich.