On Tuesday 11 February 2003 07:51 pm, FemmeFatale wrote:
> At 09:14 PM 2/11/2003 +0000, you wrote:
> > > On a side note how can I tell which version of any window manager I'm
> > > using?  Whats teh CLI cmd or Gui place to look?
> > >
> > > -------------
> > > FemmeFatale
> >
> >umm.. like this?
> >

> >[root@localhost user]# rpm -qa  | grep -i Windowmaker
> >WindowMaker-0.80.1-2.1mdk
> >

> >HTH
> >
> >Damian
> >--
>
> That will do.  Thx Damian.  Not that I'll remember the command cause I
> don't understand grep yet... :)
> So I'll just save your mail as a txt file.
> -------------
> FemmeFatale
>
> Good Decisions You boss Made:
> "We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
> character from Peanuts."
>
> - Source: Dilbert
grep is just a way to use regular words to sort and see only certian info.
in the above command, rpm -qa (asks the rpm program to Query All so -qa) then
"|" is a "pipe to" or route thru, then, grep -i Windowmaker says only answers
that (-i) include "WIndowmaker" so grep strips out all the answers that don't
include "Windowmaker"