On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:44:49 +0000
Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 12 Feb 2003 8:21 am, Jerry Barton wrote:
> > While having font problems (see my previous post) I thought of something
> > which might help people.
>
> > So, here's how you can add a whole folder of fonts to be added as a batch.
>
> Related question - I used MCC to add all my windows fonts - without
> remembering just how many I had accumulated.  I would like to remove many of
> them, but the uninstall package just seems to offer me whole directories of
> fonts.  Is there any way I can uninstalled selected fonts?
>
> Anne
> --
> Registered Linux User No.293302

Anne:

There sure is :)

Go to mcc > system > fonts
click on the "Uninstall Fonts" button.
DOUBLEclick the folder that the fonts you want to remove are in.
Then, on the right the list of fonts in that folder should come up.
hold ctrl and select the fonts you want removed in the right hand pane
click "uninstall list"
it will show you a list of the fonts you are going to remove and ask if you're sure.
Accept.

(i don't have windows but i believe the folder from the list is
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/drakfont (then either Type1 or ttf) that holds the windows
fonts.

HTH

Jerry.

Registered Linux user # 300600