On Wednesday 12 Feb 2003 11:23 am, Jerry Barton wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 10:44:49 +0000
>
> Anne Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 12 Feb 2003 8:21 am, Jerry Barton wrote:
> > > While having font problems (see my previous post) I thought of
> > > something which might help people.
> > >
> > > So, here's how you can add a whole folder of fonts to be added as a
> > > batch.
> >
> > Related question - I used MCC to add all my windows fonts - without
> > remembering just how many I had accumulated.  I would like to remove many
> > of them, but the uninstall package just seems to offer me whole
> > directories of fonts.  Is there any way I can uninstalled selected fonts?
> >
> > Anne
> > --
> > Registered Linux User No.293302
>
> Anne:
>
> There sure is :)
>
> Go to mcc > system > fonts
> click on the "Uninstall Fonts" button.
> DOUBLEclick the folder that the fonts you want to remove are in.
> Then, on the right the list of fonts in that folder should come up.
> hold ctrl and select the fonts you want removed in the right hand pane
> click "uninstall list"
> it will show you a list of the fonts you are going to remove and ask if
> you're sure.  Accept.
>
> (i don't have windows but i believe the folder from the list is
> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/drakfont (then either Type1 or ttf) that holds the
> windows fonts.

Thanks, Jerry, that sounds good.  When I saw the folders listed I thought I
was going to have to remove the whole folder.  I'm still sometimes hesitant
about trying something - I've been bitten too often by M$ suddenly taking off
and doing something I didn't want that screws everything up ;)

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302