I've posted earlier about my problem with getting connected to my cable
company. Well, the DHCP version that is installed with Linux-Mandrake is
CRAP. I got this CD from a book with Redhat 6.0 and did a fresh install, and
guess what? DHCP worked first shot. I could ping Videotron's IP with no
problem.

Te problem is that this RedHat has nothing on it, and seeing as I'm a
newbie, I couldn't even access the Linux-Mandrake CD-Rom to install stuff.
So I re-installed the Linux-Mandrake 6 version and again, DHCP failed. I
decided to try installing DHCP and DHCPCD from the RedHat CD, but again,
network fails. Maybe I didn't install it correctly...

So for now, I'm typing up this message while using Windows. I have to say
I'm disappointed in LM for not getting the "RedHat 6.0 distriution with
enhancements" correctly into the box. I thought buggy software was the
Microsoft department... Maybe I'm too new... Also, Mandrake's version has a
problem with unmounting its stuff when shutting down, it fails very often
and goes through some sort of scandisk at startup. Never happened while I
was trying RedHat 6.

Later