I missed most of this thread but read it with interest.

The interest is because of the lack of point.

The point is whether there is ultimately absolute right and wrong or just different
opinions.
Islam especially radical Islam holds that killing others is an obligation if they
refuse to accept their religon.

They have a goal and are ready to use what ever means. The choice is to call their way
an opinion or evil. I choose the evil label based on the Judeo/christian
concept of good and evil. With real evil giving in only increases its strength. The UN
is made up of a host of nations who are not democracies and many of whom support Jihad.
The UN has not proven itself a bastion of freedom and democracy.

Sometime read the Arab press and you will get a clear idea who the enemy is.

I don't live in the US but if the United States relays on the UN and doesn't do what
it needs to there may be no country at all.
I wish The Americans and Pres. Bush the strength to do whats right because the opinion
of Jihad (Muslim holy war) is indeed the end of western Civilization as we know it.

am