On Sunday 16 February 2003 07:53 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> G'day all,
>
> as I'm just beginning to look around mandrake I'm trying
> to come to grips with the basics:
>
> In Konquerer, how do you stop a file from launching as soon
> as you click on it? For example, if I want to click on a
> bunch of mp3s and then drag them to XMMS, as soon as I click
> on the first one it launches. Then I have to go back, and
> then shift-click on the last one, which will then select the
> ones I want.
> I want to just select, not launch on first click. Double click
> to launch would be good, it's the way I'm used to working...

If that is all you want, go to K/Settings/Control
Panel/Index/Peripherals/Mouse, and you can select the click action
you want.

But I have noticed in KDE 3.1 that a mouse over starts an mp3 or ogg
file to start playing. While I like it, I can also see it being
annoying. I have no idea where that comes from.

Rob

--
Rob Blomquist
Kirkland, WA

On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section,
it said 'Requires Windows 95 or better'. So I installed Linux and
lived
happily ever after.