In Konqueror, as in other file managers, selecting multiple files,
requires that you hold down the CTRL or Control key before selecting the
first file, and holding it down until you've finished selecting files.

Changing your mouse behavior so that it requires a double-click will
also accomplish the same thing, but you'll lose single-click features.

Lanman