----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Robert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Good evening everyone,
>
> I have a Dell Dimension 4550 series Pentium 4 2.4 GHz system configured
> to dual boot a fully patched MDK v9 and Windows XP Professional.
>
> The PCI Sound Blaster Live card installed on the system is not
> functioning under MDK v9.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this working under MDK 9?
>
> Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I searched the FAQ list but all I could find were references to ISA
> cards.
>
>***********************************
Hi Andrew, the SB Live that Dell ships with the Dimension is not a
standard spec SB card, and is therefore not Linux friendly.

Check this link:
ftp://opensource.creative.com/pub/doc/live_faq.html#CardsSupported

If your
computer is less than 30 days old, and you report the issue to Dell,
apparently they will furnish you with a standard SB Live card which
is Linux friendly.

It seems however that there may be a way to get the Dell card to work
w/Linux, and you can check this post:
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=sw_linux&message.id=2833
that has some info in that regard.

You will find other info on the SB card from Dell on DellTalk too.
Many are experiencing the same problem.

HTH. Best regards to you! :-)

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness."--James
Thurber

*Reg. Linux User #278931*
*Power by Mandrake Linux 9.0*

http://www.operamail.com
Now with OperaMail Premium for only US$29.99/yr