> What's the problem here?  Is there something else I should be doing?  In
> the past, after a power outage, once it reboots, the RPM db is fine.  I
> would rather not reboot my workstation, and figured there was another
> means around this.
>
> Does anybody have any ideas/suggestions?

See if rebuilding the RPM database from scratch, like this, helps:

rm  /var/lib/rpm/_*
(should ask you if you want to delete __db.001 and __db.002. Say yes.)

rpm --rebuilddb

HTH

Damian

I don't want Windows to be only for the 31173. Yes, we've come a long way from
all those security holes, virii, and cryptic commands like "Edit textfile.txt"
(what in the hell is that supposed to mean?)