On Sunday 23 February 2003 08:01 am, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:

> I like the crisp and open feel of kmail and last but certainly not
> least: Sylpheed is wonderful on lower spec laptops because it fires
> up so quickly when using other desktops like xfce or icewm.
> It just takes a few secs to have it up and running contary to
> almost half a minute for evo, kmail and mozilla.

oh cool.  I was needing a suggestion for a p75/40mb laptop and was
thinking I'd have to do mutt or pine, but will try sylpheed since you
suggested it for low spec machines.

any other mail clients for low spec machines that you know of?  I can
get X going with icewm on it and use a few apps.  I was thinking
link-graphic for browser and maybe slrn for news.  Unless you know of
a light gui news client that can talk to news server directly?

thanks for your input.
-s