On Sunday 02 March 2003 04:00 am, you wrote:
> internal 56k v.90

  Ok if it is a internal modem that is the bulk of the problem. You will have
to find a linux driver and install it.
  If you do a search on Google you should be able to find one if there is a
Linux driver for that model modem.

   Internal modems can sometimes be a real PITA but a lot of people have been
able to get some of them to work well. Personally I gave up the battle early
on and got a good external serial modem.
  A external modem will always be easyer in linux and a better preformer in
linux and windoze and to top it off the whole machine will runn a bit faster
because a internal modem depends on the OS and the internal RAM to work where
as a external does all most all the work on it's own.
   You can generally find a used US Robitics sportster on ebay for under $30
that will work much better than any internal modem.
  Now that we know that it is a internal modem there are a lot of folks here
on the list that have more experance with internal modems than I do that can
give you further help but again first try to find a driver.

--
Marc
KM5KW