And i would add in condtradiction, and in support of Ed, that ninety plus
percent of new desktops sold with modems have a software-modem fitted as
the hardware is cheaper. The term winmodem is synonymous with
software-modem. Thus i would state "Yes, nowadays lad, Internal modems ARE
usually winmodems!" Plus why not associate lesser quality with that OS ;-)

Michael

ed Tharp wrote:

> On Thursday 18 April 2002 03:47 pm, you wrote:
> > Internal modems are not usually winmodems.
> maybe not, but HCF, HSP, HFC. are signs it is a winmodem, or at least if not
> a modem (not in MY book it ain't) then a Host Signal Processor. the "H"
> (meaning host, or the computer MOBO and CPU) means it ain't a hardware modem.
> This IS a win modem

<snip>
--
The young lady had an unusual list,
Linked in part to a structural weakness.