On Sun, 2003-03-02 at 20:06, Richard Urwin wrote:
> On Sunday 02 Mar 2003 7:19 am, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> > For those that still have to use M$ Windows for some reason - any
> > reason; just what do YOU think M$ knows when you connect to the Windows
> > Update site?
> >
> > http://www.tecchannel.de/betriebssysteme/1126/index.html
>
> All very interesting in a "look what I can do" way. But not very Open Source.
> Have you paid the E1.99? Is there cause to worry?

What I find so shocking about the whole bit is that M$ PROMISED that
they're not spying on your system when in fact they really are. M$ has
consistently gone back on their promises of privacy for end-users - even
so far as changing the entire structure of their licensing agreements
and out-dating their original EULA's. Sad to think that you trust
someone like M$ and the original EULA that you bought a package with and
less than two years later the EULA is NIL and your privacy is OPENED to
them.

It's very sad and very "Big Brother" - and the public is completely
unaware of the true lack of privacy they have - they've been lulled
into  a false trust of a monopolistic and meglomaniacal company.

I wonder if the Chinese - whom Big Bad Bill is going to visit, fully
understand the gist of security issues by signing on the dotted line...

Sorry to rant, but it's truly driving me further away from MS products.

--
Sun,  2 Mar 2003 20:10:01 +1100
  8:10pm  up 4 days, 10:13,  4 users,  load average: 1.30, 1.01, 0.57

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.
                -- Groucho Marx