On Sunday 02 March 2003 12:53 pm, Jesse \"G-Tez\" Houston wrote:
> In my opinion - If you are going to say "Mandrake SUX" (Which it doesn't)
> back up your statement with clear and concise reasons then perhaps you may
> get an inteligent responce....
> This is a forum for discussing problems and getting resolutions.
> Best of luck in the future
>
> On this note: Has anyone had installer issues with Dual CPU/via
> chipset/nvidia graphics cards? My workstation is being rather flaky.
>
> System Info:
> Dual 1.0 GHz p3
> Via 694XDP Chipset
> 1 Gig of ram
> NVidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 128megs
> Promose ATA 100 RAID Controller (FastTrack Lite)
>
> I remember reading something along the lines of why this wasn't working
> before but wasn't able to find it in my old emails.... Thanks for your help
> guys.

Well, Jess, I have a dual 1.0 gig p3, an Nvidia GeForce4 ti4600 128megs, only
512 ram, but I think it is "smoKINg". with the amount of ram you have, you
need the "enterprise" kernel, and it will enable SMP too....
the only thing is I know nothing about how your promise controller will work.
maybe you could define flaky, a little better, and start it's own thread so it
can be searched out in the archives a little easier.

et