You just need to be sure that the first partition is in the first 1023
cylinders for LILO to work ok. If the hardware can access the rest of
the drive, then Linux should be able to as well. LILO just needs to be
able to get at the system files to do its job, and as long as the first
partition is in the first 1023 cylinders, all should be well, I think.
As for the remaining space, I think it is up to you how you partition
it.

Ernie