Brett! Welcome to the club! Everyone of us was "New" to Mandrake or Linux at one point
or another! I don't think you'll get laughed at here for asking questions, but you may
get a chuckle ro two when you remind us of the times when we went through the change
from Windows to Linux, and the mistakes we made (and some of them were really big
mistakes!). So don't give up. You'll have a lot to learn, but you;ll also get a lot of
help from this list!

On to your problem,...First, it's always a good idea to include which version of
Mandrake you're trying to setup. There can be minor and/or major differences between
versions, and knowing which one you're using would help us to be more specific in
solving your problem, and would allow many on the list to offer tips and tricks about
the specific version you've got.

It's been my experience that the Wizards have not been very helpful in setting up a
server. They are good for inputting basic information you'll need before actually
setting up the services you'd like, but not detailed enough to get things done
completely. However, these basic bits of information can be easily configured by other
means just as fast as by using the wizards. Have you tried "webmin"? It's a web-based
tool which resides on the server (assuming that it was installed in the first place!),
and allows you to configure your srver in great detail.

Some of the users on this list will scream at the suggestion of using webmin, and
scream about using "ssh" in a shell or console to do all your server configurations
and adjustments, but if you're coming from a Windows environment, webmin is probably
the ticket to get you started. There'll be plenty of time to learn command-line stuff
later.

You can access webmin by loggin into the server as any user, and opening a
web-browser, and typing the folloing URL - https://localhost:10000 - Notice the "s" in
"https" ? when you get your log in prompt, use the root user's password you supplied
during the install. You should probably spend a few days just playing with webmin, so
that you can get familiar with it.

If you get into trouble, you can contact me off-list, or get more help from the list.

Good Luck, and welcome to the world of Linux!

Lanman