On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 16:52, brett dunkley wrote:
> I am VERY new to all of this and am about to run home to NT.
> However if you all think I should keep going then I will try.
> This is the first time I have posted a question and I am not sure
> if I'm even doing this right!
> here goes:
> The Mandrake quick configuration server guide tells me that the server
> configuration menu will appear when the wizdrake package is installed.
> I can not find any mention of this in the install software / rpmdrake
> tool
> how do I install wizdrake?
>
> please don't laugh
> Brett

Ain't not a one of us is going to laugh, man. Been there done that.
Don't reckon anyone here is got the hide to turn on ya.

Meanwhile, all the "Drakes" are already on the system - if you've done
the installation correctly (or rather, hit NEXT over and over again).

Most of what you can do, will do and will ever want to do is through the
Mandrake Control Center (yeah, it's ME saying that - the only person on
this list that ever tells people to look elsewhere to configure
something) - but really - dude, that's where it's at. From the time MDK
is configured from the get go, it's a server. Literally. Just a matter
of tweaking and tuning it to your specs.

What do you want to do with it all? Make a mail server? Network file
server? Porn server? Streaming video/streaming audio?

--
Wed,  5 Mar 2003 22:05:00 +1100
 10:05pm  up 11:43,  4 users,  load average: 0.78, 0.82, 0.89

Just close your eyes, tap your heels together three times, and think to
yourself, `There's no place like home.'
                -- Glynda the Good