On Saturday 08 Mar 2003 6:41 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 08 Mar 2003 6:22 pm, magnet wrote:
> > I used webmin to set the time server for my machine.
> > Keeps time great here.
> >
> > Webmin >> Hardware >> System Time
> >
> > I'm currently using this server:  ntp2a.mcc.ac.uk
> >
> > Hope this helps you out
>
> I tried to set this up, but got 'Failed to lookup IP address for
> ntp2a.mcc.ac.uk '.  What am I missing?
>
> Anne

Hi Anne,
Did you try clicking on the link in the top/left of the screen > module.conf
ans see if it picked up the time server? Just for your info this is what that
screen shows here:

Configurable options for System Time

Acceptable number seconds of delay between        5
system time and hardware time

Default time server    [ ] none        [x] ntp2a.mcc.ac.uk

System time setting format   [x] optionA    [ ] optionB  [ ] optionC

Timezone file                           /etc/localtime

File listing possible timezones /usr/share/zoneinfo/zone.tab

Directory of timezone files             /usr/share/zoneinfo

--
magnet

Registered Linux User: 281659
5 x [EMAIL PROTECTED] running Mandrake 9.0.
1 x [EMAIL PROTECTED] running Windows 2000 Profressional
1 x [EMAIL PROTECTED] laptop running Windows ME

"My home is over-run with penguins that like a warm environment!"