Ok - so most y'all already know that I'm fully on with the 9.1rc2 stuff
and never reverting back to my previously horrible nature of being a
RedHat person. With that understood, here's a poser:

After a reboot, and when I first do a login, my KDE desktop has these
three wonderfully strange icons that pop outta nowhere - they've got
icons as devices, but the rest makes no sense to what I can figger out.
The names are:

* dynamicProbing
* dynamicAdding
* dynamicProcessing

Now, I happily delete them, but this is getting rather old. Happens
with  ALL users and even "root".

Meanwhile, something I've noticed - if I set the system to runlevel 5,
more memory is used, churned, burned; if I start in runlevel3 and "hand
start" my Xwindows sessions, I have more speed, more memory and less
worries. I started doing this because the other day TWICE the entire
system locked up tighter than a drum and I couldn't even telnet into it
from another machine due to it's complete and utter lack of response;
the CPU "fire applet" was off the scale...but whilst starting Xwindows
by hand, it nary moves a molecule and flies like the dickens...

--
Sat Mar 15 09:25:00 EST 2003
 09:25:00 up  1:20,  4 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.50, 0.39

I don't want a pickle,
        I just wanna ride on my motorsickle.
And I don't want to die,
        I just want to ride on my motorcy.