I guess that I have led a blessed life until now and have never had to
install anything that was not a Mandrake RPM packege. But now the time has
arrived when I need to install a tar.gz
   I have looked around and so far have been unable to find any good
documation explaining how to install a application from a tar.gz file.
   Anyone know of any good online doc's  tutorials ect.  ?

    Thanks
--
Marc
KM5KW