>    coffee cup A wysiwyg html editor

Hmm. 'make coffee' ... interesting. I'll take mine with cream and
sugar :).

Seriously, after a few seconds in google I found the coffecup
HTML editor I think you are referring to. The page says it is free but
not open source. (dumb) Anyhow, that makes it seem you have a
binary tar.gz file and not an archive of source code files.

After grabbing it into Ark in kde 3.1 (fast 160 kbps d/l thanks to
DSL) it looks liek all the files are in 'dist' so what I would do is
send the files to /tmp at first:

cd /tmp
zcat /pathto/coffeelinux.tar.gz | tar -xvf -
cd dist

(note to other pundits: my fingers are 'trained' to di it that way )

Then go and read the Coffee_install file.

Incidentally, there seems to be a problem with 'ark'. I grabbed the
file and asked kde to open the incoming tar.gz with 'ark' rather than
saving it to disk. It's supposed to put it into a temporary folder
under .kde somewhere - but when I try to edit or view a file within
the archive, I either get a blank screen in kedit or a notice telling
me that ark can't find the file - which in itself is odd, since the
archive is opened by ark - it's gotta know where it is, right :)?