--We've all heard tales of woe regarding that mess, Star Office. Well,
here's my sad story. I downloaded the thing from the new Sun page. it took
me 7 and 3/4 hours!!! That's at 33.6 connected at 31200. I'm NOT
exagerating. After getting it, I cracked the tarball w/ kde and it
unzipped. I opened the setup.zip file with karchiver and unzipped to a
directory in my /home directory I ended up with 40 files in a so51
directory. At the bottom of the heap is a SETUP.BIN (exe. gear) . I have
set permissions but the gear does nothing. In fact none of the files do
anything. Now, before the flames roll in, let me just say this. I have
succesfully installed both rpm's and tar's on this system. Also I did read
the .pdf file that came with the download, and it was of absolutely no
help. I also would like to point out that I have not been able to make SO
work since version 4.0. I keep trying because if us Linux users didn't
like challenges we'd still be using Windows. Has anybody out there gotten
this thing to work? Please post a nice, dumb step by step for us newbies
out there, unwilling to concede.

David P. Greenberg
Bitco Electronics
"In Service to the Recording Industry"
*Confirmed Linux Newbie*
**Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
  Teach him how to fish, and
  he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.