On Sunday 16 de March 2003 22:18, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 10:34, Damian Gatabria wrote:
> > ...almost the same as you... only my packages seem older.
> >
> > How exactly are you trying to use MPlayer? have you
> > tried  CVS or are you just using RPMS?
>
> I did it the Mandrake way this time'round - the RPM way!

OK.. So now you could try source. This way you will be able to tell
if the problem is specific to the RPM package.

> Why not post the script for those of us that are less lucky than you?

OK. but...

WARNING!

This script is (obviously) made specially for my own
preferences and system configuration. It takes no parameters, no
arguments, it's really dumb (i.e. poor error-checking) and may overwrite some
of your libs with the new versions it downloads. So, before you try to run
it, read it well and change it to your liking as to make sure you will not
lose something you care about.

It contains 4 files.

One is called config-command. It is simply the `./configure` call, with all
the parameters i like to use. You will definitely want to read this one and
alter it as you see fit. Especially if you want to enable DVD support which
i explicitly disable, and also some drivers which i cannot use that you may
like. --I made the ./configure in a separate file simply
because this way i found it easier to tweak... instead of seeking to the
right part in the main script.

The second is getsdl. Simply checks out, compiles and installs the
latest CVS snapshot for the SDL library, which i use a lot. (i made this
because MDK packages for SDL are not recognized/found by MPlayer's
./configure. Broken package, maybe? i dunno.) If you do not care about sdl
drivers in MPlayer, you do not need this. The main script does not call or
need this file. I ran it separately once or twice.

The third is the real script, getmplayer. It gets the MPlayer CVS, win32
codecs,  QT codecs , DivX, XViD, libavcodec CVS, RealPlayer codecs, LIVE.com
streaming library, Vivo  codecs, and Xanim DLLS. Then it compiles
all the source-based codecs and moves the files as i saw fit, then calls
configure-command, and makes and installs MPlayer. Once it
gets a successful build, it downloads and installs a set of fonts for
OSD and subtitles.

The fourth file is "limpio" (spanish for "clean"). Deletes
files and subdirectories created by previous runs of
getmplayer.

Just put the files in an empty directory and run ./getmplayer
(you will need to press the enter key as the script logs in
for CVS versions of some things and you get the usual "Password:"
CVS prompt)

> (or less smart than you)
Lots of those out there. :o)

Damian