From: Douglas B. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 17 March 2003 19:23
To: Beginners' Mailing List
Subject: [newbie] Gnome PPP doesn't work

Hi all,

Can you help?

Gnome PPP establishes a PPP connection with the ISP but then fails to
log me in and dies with "ppd daemon died unexpectedly".

KPPP on the other hand works fine,so where is the problem likely to be?
Maybe I'm making the wrong settings - it's not clear to me how account
options in KPPP translate to Gnome PPP ones. Is there anything else that
might be at fault?

[Sony laptop; dual boot XP/MD9.0; Winmodem works fine,thanks to
invaluable advice and tips on the mailing list!]

Thanks,

--
Douglas B. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                Email Disclaimer

This email has been sent from KPMG LLP, a UK limited
liability partnership, or from one of the companies within
its control (which include KPMG Audit Plc , KPMG United
Kingdom Plc and KPMG UK Limited). The information in
this email is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this
email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it,
 is prohibited and may be unlawful.  When addressed to
our clients any opinions or advice contained in this email
are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in the
governing KPMG client engagement letter.