On Tue, 2003-03-18 at 19:44, Tsur, Oren wrote:
> I have the same problem. Mind you I have some weird experiences with  my
> Mandrake.
>
> Some things are visible on my desktop only in Gnome and not in KDE and visa
> versa.
>
> It took me a whole evening to try and give myself permissions to MY DESKTOP
> and nothing worked! The next day I logged in and PRESTO!!!! I could do
> everything?????? I must say I am enjoying learning my new OS but HELL, am I
> CONFUSED!!!
>
> Oren Tsur

<RANT><B>
Learning linux (and loving it) is rather like marriage; some days she
lays rules on you - the next they change to a completely different set
of rules that all apply to the same basic things. One day, things work
like a charm, the next, nothing works at all. Some days everything's
just smooth as silk, then WHAM - everythings like crawling on yer hands
and knees through five miles of broken glass. You're never absolutely
right, because there are so many other solutions and resolutions that
you're only half right, half of the time. When you REALLY want to do
something, it don't work, and you beg beg beg for it to work - and
finally, you get five minutes of it working, then WHAM, back to the
beginning again.
</B></RANT>
--
Tue Mar 18 20:50:01 EST 2003
 20:50:01 up 1 day,  2:04,  3 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.16, 0.10
|            __    __          | kuhn media australia            |
|           / ,, /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com           |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |=================================|
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kuhn                    |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    |
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808                 |
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389            |
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU   |
 linux user:267497 * MDK 9.1 * PC/Mac/Linux/Networking/Consulting
 machine no:194239 * RH 7.3 * Sales - Service - Support - Tutor
** This messages was composed on a 100% Microsoft free computer **

enhance, v.:
        To tamper with an image, usually to its detriment.