Hi.

I installed the 4191 driver in 9.0 and they work fine but you have to do it properly or it will mess up your install. :-(

you will have to remove and uninstall any NVIDIA drivers which you have tried. I had to reinstall to fix my first attempt. ;-{

But , It can be done ! so Take heart !!!!!

First you must have the right source rpm installed so you will need to correct this.

you can find the right sources here : ftp://at.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake/9.0/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/

I use the kernel-headers-2.4.18-41 so you should be fine with that one. the kernel-doc doesn't matter

I followed this tutorial which is very nice :

http://www.icculus.org/~dolson/mdkxp/?c=ttrls/nvidiacli

It directs you to rebuild the src rpms for your pc which is a good idea.
it also tells you where you can get them ( but this is incorrect, get them from the Nvidia site itself , and make sure they are the src.rpms )

If I remember , you will find the rebuild rpms here :/usr/src/RPM/RPMS/i586

follow the rest of the tutorial carefully and it will work fine.

always remember to do alot of this from the command line in runlevel 3

If you need help write me back and I can tell you how to use mcedit to edit the files you need to edit if you don't know how to do that from the command line.
mcedit is much easier to use than vi which he suggests using to edit the files. ( just let me know ) ;-)

hope this helps .

oh yeah, this is what I get when I use glxgears to test the speed of the card with the Nvidia drivers :

944 frames in 5.0 seconds = 188.800 FPS
1115 frames in 5.0 seconds = 223.000 FPS
1131 frames in 5.0 seconds = 226.200 FPS
1133 frames in 5.0 seconds = 226.600 FPS

Not bad eh?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Please forgive me if this post comes across with html formatting, I am accessing my email account thru AT$T's web site and I cannot find anywhere to change the settings.

I finally decided to upgrade my nvidia drivers (again - seems to happen as often as Mandrake releases!) but this time I am receiving alot of unresolved symbol errors.

Mandrake 9.0
GeForce2 MMX w/64 ram
NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4191.tar.gz
NVIDIA_GLX-1.0-4191.tar.gz

From what I can find, it appears that my kernel does not match my kernel-header
version:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4191]# rpm -qa | grep kernel
kernel-2.4.19.16mdk-1-1mdk
kernel-headers-2.4.18-41mdk
kernel-source-2.4.19-24mdk
NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-4191.mdk90up
kernel-doc-2.4.19-24mdk

I tried this as well (but not too sure the path was correct) make install SYSINCLUDE=/usr/src/linux-2.4.19-24mdk

with no luck.

What advise would anybody have? remove the kernel-source-2.4.19-24mdk and install kernel-source-2.4.19-16mdk? Wait till 9.1 is out? (without startx till then...)

Thanks for any help and or advise
Steve

Mike McNeese Springdale, Arkansas USA

====================================================== Dual booting 98lite;MDK 9.0 kernel 2.4.19-16 Kde 3.1 Registered Linux User #248955 acqua / Keramik Theme

"If obstacles are what you see in your path...
Then you have lost sight of your goal! "