From: Jason [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 7:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Trouble with USB mouse on Toshiba Laptop

Don't give up!! You can get it to work I am reasonable certain of that.
Though, Toshiba hardware is notorious for not playing nicely with Linux
(they have staff that they employ jointly with MS=).

I have gotten mine to work on my work box (an ASUS) by tweaking the
XF86Config/-4 files by hand. They are on my work box or I would email
them to you now. Basically you need to use the "send core events"
argument for your usb mouse so it pipes the output through the normal mouse.

I can get you my files as a sample tomorrow unless someone else has some
handy or knows the changes that need to be made to those files. BTW,
they are found in /etc/X11/

Cheers

Jason Greenwood