On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:30:27 -0500
et <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wednesday 26 March 2003 08:17 pm, Todd Slater wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Mar 2003 10:04:37 -0600
> >
> > Tom Brinkman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > >     Well I had the wrong idea that all 'Generic mmc CD-RW' drives
> > > supported SAO, so I'm not gonna even guess at whether you'll still
> > > be able to check md5sums without -dao ;)  No 'vendor' info?  Who
> > > (really) makes it? and are there firmware updates available for it?
> >
> > I've got no vendor info, it just says IDE-CD. The label is HP CD
> > Writer Plus, but I don't know who makes it? I look into firmware
> > updates.
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
> > Todd
> Hewlitt Packard makes it if it is a HP CD Writer Plus, but it ought to
> have a model number too

Investigation reveals it's an 8250i. Further investigation yielded this
from the web:

 A wider search revealed that there are at least three
versions of the 8250i, two made by Philips and one by Sony. I have the
(C4463) model made in Hungary. After some examination, I concluded that it
is equivalent to a Philips CDD4201.

I have the C4463 model, too, so I'll see about the firmware issue.

Todd