Tom Brinkman wrote:

On Wednesday March 26 2003 04:30 am, John Richard Smith wrote:

]# mount /mnt/cdrom
]# ls /mnt/cdrom
Boot/  Mandrake/
]# md5sum /dev/scd0
<long wait>
md5sum: /dev/scd0: Input/output error
]#

So why did it fail ?

John

I'm sort'a puzzeled by what you wrote. You seem to indicate you mounted the cdrom and cd'd into it with a Mdk CD in the drive, but then you checked the md5sum on your (empty?) burner?

No,
both my dvd/rom and burner are scsi-emulated so burner is /dev/scd1
and dvd/rom is /dev/scd0.

I don't have supermount at all.

I mounted the directory that holds the cd, and asked to see what was on the disc, ie , boot/ mandrake/ just to make sure , then asked system to
report the md5sum for the mounted disc. and got the above result.
I'm not sure why though?

John

--
John Richard Smith