I configured my ASDL connection to start on boot and it works great. In
Windows it sometimes goes down, but here it is hidden, I never see an icon
indicating the state of the connection or anything, but it is always on.
Thing is, I installed Mandrake in a small hp Pavillion computer wich comes
with a Win Modem. Someone told me that Linux doesen't support Win Modems, so
I went and got me an external USB modem. I know now that several Win modems
are supported by Linux, but mine sems not to have been detected by Mandrake,
I know where to find the drivers for Debian, there must exist for Mandrake,
so it should be not much of a problem to make it work. But I am now mainly
concerned with the USB modem. Now, if I go to the control centre, I can see
the modem under USB devices. But, in the USB viewer, it appears as "unknown
device". I just want to test if I can dial my ISP. For that, I need to
terminate my ASDL connection, how do I do that?

Teilhard Knight
The Extraterrestrial

Who ate my sandwich?