On Thursday March 27 2003 05:19 pm, Derek Jennings wrote:
> It took me a while to realise that you have to use two mixers.
> Aumix has to be set before Kmix has any effect.  Both Aumix and
> Kmix default to 'mute' (Perhaps one day someone will do something
> about that)

    Search the cooker ML archive for a better explaination, but from
what I remember of the situation, it's alsa that needs to be fixed,
and the alsa developers that need to do it.

    Tho my sound chip uses OSS, I had the same deal. Fortunately I
knew to check aumix and raise and save those levels.  Actually it's
not a 9.1 problem, it's been going on for quite awhile.