Dennis Myers wrote:

On Friday 28 March 2003 06:23 pm, M.A.Bell wrote:
<snip>

The easiest way to get some window manager function, assuming you have
enough RAM to run one, ( 64MB will work but 128MB RAM is better to run
KDE or Gnome) is to restart the comp with Install CD1 in and go into the
installation and choose "Upgrade" as "expert" select only the desktop
window managers like KDE Gnome and others and continue on from their.
This should upgrade without changing anything else.  How do you have
partitions set up and how much ram do you have on the machine?

I have 640MB ram, root partition 3.5GB, /home partition 10GB.
The only way I found to get into "expert" mode is to hit F1 on initial
the screen, then type expert at the boot: prompt and hit return.
Is there another way?
Regardless of whether I chose "Install" or "Upgrade" I am never given a
choice of modules to install.
How can I get to a module selection screen?

If you go through the install or upgrade either one, at one point a screen should show with the selection boxes for Workstation, scientific, network computer, LSB, and some servers and then in the lower left it has KDE and Gnome for selections. This is before in installation starts. Near the bottom of that screen is a button that looks like two arrows chasing each other in a circle, click on that and you will get the complete list of packages available. If you don't get this screen then I am at a loss cause it should show up. Also see the Mandrake home page and on the right hand side it shows tutorials http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/demos/ This will give you some help.

Whatever combination of expert/install/upgrade tried, I get only one selection screen with these choices:
With X
With basic documentation (recommended!)
Truly minimal install (especially no urpmi)
This screen has a previous button that, when clicked, returns to the same screen after a few seconds.

The tutorials link only has pre-9.1 stuff.

Isn't there some kind of troubleshooting guide/help somewhere?
--
Michael Bell
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>