I've installed 9.1 from the ISOs that I downloaded and burnt to CD. The
install went flawlessly, but once I rebooted I found that no KDE
application would work. I've had to "startx xdm" manually to even get
X11 to start up. Any KDE app I try to run once X11 is going just quits
out as soon as it tries to open a window. Other apps (eg. Evolution,
Mozilla, various terminals, the Mandrake RPM tools, ...) work fine - it
appears to just be the KDE apps. For example, I run konsole, and get the
following terminal output. Note, I nuked my ~/.kde dir, and ran konsole
twice. The first has a whole bunch of KDE environment initialisation
(and then dies). The second just has this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] richard]$ konsole
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".

I get a flash of some window, and then the app quits. I used strace to
try to figure what might be going on, but it just dies with a SIGSEGV
after doing some ioctl calls, then calls the KDE crash handler (which
doesn't actually work, like all the other KDE stuff).

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be going wrong???

   Richard