On Saturday 29 March 2003 04:23 am, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-03-29 at 19:38, eric huff wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> > I was just about to go to bed, but then though " Ah, i'll just toss the
> > cd in and see if it boots ok..."
> >
> > Well, now i'm installing it.  I am using my old 200MHz Pentium, 4Gig hard
> > drive, ....
> >
> > So, is it because i am using an old slow computer that i have long
> > (sometimes minutes) delays waiting for the next event?  (like when it's
> > looking for available packages)
>
> On my P-III 450 the delays were longish, so I'd expect them to be longer
> on your machine, yeah. Some of the package stuff can take ages 'cos
> there's lots of crossreferences and dependencies to figure (not to
> mention just the loading of the package lists)
>

>     Richard

of course if you want to see if something is really going on, and what, you
can ctrl+alt+f3 or f4 to see the text of what is happening. might keep you
from being board, or you might just find out that the burn is not being read
right away for some file, and the installer is trying to re-read the info it
needs.

--
Linux counter number 167806