Thanks for the "Don't worry" messages.

> you can ctrl+alt+f3 or f4 to see the text of what is happening. might keep
you
> from being board, or you might just find out that the burn is not being
read

This is cool.  On an earlier screen, it said to use alt+f3, which doesn't
seem to always work.

Unfortunately, the first time i used it, i got a report of a crash.  Which
was good to get, of course...

Hmmm... Just for kicks, i tried it again at the accept license screen, and
now i cant ctrl+alt+f1 to get back.
Time to reboot.

<time>

I tried it again during the post partitioning white screen, and this time
the notice gives some X11 screen related errors, and says "safe to reboot".
I thin kmaybe the screen switching routine gets jammed (just a guess), or
maybe errors were happening even when i didn't switch, but the install prog
just recovered behind the seens?

I think i'll just enjoy the blank white box....  At least i can do email
while it thinking.  (i have 2 computers running here).

Here's a laugh:  lookout express crashed while writing the email. Internet
expl*der has also seemed to crash more often while doing linux searches than
anything else.  I feel a conspiracy theory emerging!

huff