Hi all,

In past versions of Mdk , when logging out of kde you had the choice of saving the session or not.
in 9.0 running kde 3.1 the choice is gone and it just automatically saves the session.

this is a problem in 9.0 for me because I use firestarter. because in 9.0 it saves the fact I WAS running firestarter
( and does this even if I turn it off before logging out ) and tries to start it up again when I log back in as a user.
because firestarter requires root access I get four error messages that I can't stop , and still have to su in console and become root
then start firestarter. ( I know in 9.1 firestarter works properly and what I do in 9.0 isn't needed ) but I want to stay in 9.0 until
a few things catch up to 9.1. - then I will change and this email will be unnecessary. ;-)

What I want to do is turn off the auto save session feature under 9.0 running kde 3.1.

Yes I know I can update to 9.1 , ( the problem is resolved as far as I can tell in 9.1 ) but don't want to just yet, and yes I know and have read the manual, I have even tried to edit some files,
but I'm not finding the right file to edit in Mdk 9.0 / kde 3.1 .

does anyone know how to do this? or if it's possible?

--

Mike McNeese Springdale, Arkansas USA

====================================================== Dual booting 98lite;MDK 9.0 kernel 2.4.19-16 Kde 3.1 Registered Linux User #248955 acqua / Keramik Theme

"If obstacles are what you see in your path...
Then you have lost sight of your goal! "