On Saturday 29 Mar 2003 6:58 pm, mycal62 wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In past versions  of Mdk ,  when logging out of kde you had the choice
> of saving the session or not.
> in 9.0 running kde 3.1  the choice is gone and it just automatically
> saves the session.
>
> this is a problem in 9.0 for me because I use  firestarter.  because in
> 9.0 it saves the fact I WAS running firestarter
> ( and does this even if I turn it off before logging out ) and tries to
> start it up again when I log back in as a user.
> because firestarter requires root access I get four error messages that
> I can't stop , and still have to  su in console and become root
> then start firestarter. ( I know in 9.1 firestarter works properly  and
> what I do in 9.0 isn't needed )  but I want to stay in 9.0 until
> a few things catch up to 9.1. - then I will change and this email will
> be unnecessary. ;-)
>
> What I want to do is turn off the auto save session feature  under 9.0
> running kde 3.1.
>
> Yes I know I can update to 9.1 , ( the problem is resolved as far as I
> can tell in 9.1 )
> but don't want to just yet, and yes I know and have read the manual, I
> have even tried to edit some files,
> but I'm not finding the right file to edit in Mdk 9.0 / kde 3.1 .
>
> does anyone know how to do this? or if it's possible?

In KDE Control Centre>Personalisatiob>Session Manager you can select 'manually
saved session'

It will then load the session details found in /usr/share/autostart
The files in here are in the format 'application_name.desktop' If you have a
menu item for your firestarter you can just drag and drop from your menu into
the autostart folder. Alternatively right click on your desktop, select
CreateNew>LinktoApplication fillin all the details in the pop up, and than
drag/drop that link into the autostart folder.

You can also drop desktop links into the folder ~/.kde/Autostart  if you want
an application to only open for a specific user.

HTH

derek