On Sunday 30 March 2003 10:20 pm, Rachel wrote:
> Hi, How do I install - manually, a modem on Mandrake 9?  It was
> installed before.  Its a crappy 28k.  I tried to install two different
> 56k's but they were not 'seen' and suprisingly this isn't either.  It's
> given me a massive headache.

   How about a few more details, internal or external modem?
Have you tried kppp  setup  modem  querry modem?

Also don't underestimate the old 28K modem in a area like where I live even a
old 28K modem is still faster than my ISP can supply data. I have run 28 and
56 K modems side by side and have not noticed a dimes worth of differance
with my ISP.

--
Marc
KM5KW