On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Paul Benjamin wrote:
> First you will have to login as root or at least su to root in a
> terminal window.
>
> Next we need to test cdrecord to make sure it is working.  cdrecord is
> used by XCDRoast to burn the CD.
>
> At a terminal prompt type:
>
> cdrecord -scanbus
>
> This should spit back something like this:
>
> Cdrecord release 1.8a22 Copyright (C) 1995-1999 Jörg Schilling
>
> scsibus1:
>               100) 'HP      ' 'CD-Writer+ 7200 ' '3.01' Removable
>               101) *
>               102) *
>               103) *
>               104) *
>               105) *
>               106) *
>               107) *
>
> If this doesn't work either cdrecord isn't in your path or you haven't
> gotten SCSI emulation to work for the CD-R.  There are a couple of web
> pages out there on getting SCSI emulation to work.  Mine is at:
>
> http://www.midkan.com/paulb/mycdr.htm
>
> If this part is working I am at a loss because XCDRoast worked great
> once I got my SCSI emulation to work.  Just remember that you need to
> be the root user to use the CD-R for burning.
>
> PBen

Paul thanks a heap,  Your site enabled me to configure me xcdroast program.
I've still got a few loose ends to tie up and may be back with questions but I
want to tackle the instructions and see if I can figure it out from here.

Again thanks,  this list has been extremely helpful to me in learning linux.  I
also enjoy the banter and kidding around.  You know we don't have to be serious
all the time.

--
"I don't want to swim in a roped off sea," JB