It'll work if you use desktopcfg, i assume t'was a blank .xinitrc so you
created one?

gnome also has session management, you can add 'imwheel -k' in session
control of gnomes 'control-center'

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, pete moss wrote:

> this doesnt work.  whenever i put this in ~/.xinitrc, X refuses to
> start.  if i rm .xinitrc, then x runs fine.  i have been using gnome
> lately.  when i used kde, i just linked it from my autostart folder and
> it worked everytime.  is there another method besides using the .xinitrc
> file?
>
> :P

and put that thing back in your mouth =P (oh no now i'm doing it he's
contagious everybody run)

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon